Too oily. Too yellow. Not enough coverage. Sound Familiar? Finding a perfect foundation shade is one of the many silent struggles of being a woman. For the past two years I’ve been searching for my perfect drugstore foundation with little luck. A few weeks ago during a Walmart lipstick run turned mini makeup haul I decided to pick up the Maybelline Matte + Poreless Foundation. How does it fare to other foundations that I’ve tried? Lets Find out!
- After having tried the Maybelline’s Dewy & Smooth foundation in a shade lighter, the Maybelline Matte & Poreless foundation is a dream on my skin especially when applied with a Beauty Blender.
- The buildable coverage gives my higher end foundations a run for their money.
- Perfect for everyday (use beauty blender) and glam wear (use foundation brush).
- Thick consistency
- What pores?! Did I mention the velvety matte finish which is a big deal for us dry skin ladies and perfect for oily skin beauties.
- A pump would be an upgrade. No one like a messy makeup application.
- With only 16 shades you might have become a mixologist to get your perfect match.
- Considering that I’ve tried Maybelline’s two darkest shades (355 & 360) I’m disappointed as neither was a perfect shade – one being two light and the other too dark. Fake tan anyone?
- It might run out someday and I’ll have to buy more.
The cons are definitely nothing compared to the strong points of Maybelline’s Matte + Poreless Foundation. Even though this is not a perfect shade match, it is the same shade as my closest matching higher end foundation. Overall the price point and finish make it a keeper for me.
Have you guys tried the Maybelline Matte + Poreless Foundation yet? What drugstore foundations have you been really impressed by?