Just because not everyone has the $$ or time for a ten product skincare routine. Although I do have a separate routine for hyper-pigmentation, this is my easy 3 step sometimes daily, sometimes weekly, sometimes forget to do it radiant skincare skin routine especially for dry skin.
1. Select a Cleanser
A good cleanser creates a clean base for other products on your face. It should rid the skin of accumulated buildup from your day or from the previous night. Select a cleanser that is formulated specially for your skin type. I alternate between:
- Cerave Hydrating Cleanser which is a non-foaming cleanser for normal to dry skin. It works doubletime to leave your skin feeling clean but supple. I use this when my skin is not irritated but needs a little moisture.
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Control is my once weekly mask. Simply wet face, scrub and massage product especially in problem areas, rinse and feel the clean.
- Shea Moisture African Black Soap is my go-to daily cleanser.
Acne! Scaly Skin! Enlarged Pores!You will definitely want to use a heavy moisturizer after cleansing with this because it can be be very drying. But I love it for its cleansing and purifying properties. As of lately, I’ve been using this at least once a day. Twice when my skin is problematic.
2. Apply Special Treatments
After washing your face with a cleanser, towel dry and apply any special treatment of your choice. I usually only apply one special treatment in the morning and save the rest for night. Although I haven’t been needing any treatments as of lately, I normally use special treatments for a variety of skin problems including, redness (from irritation), hormonal acne and dark spots . These are my quick grabs:
- Shea Shea Bakery Anti-Acne Vitamin Mist
does exactly as the name suggests: work against acne and infuse skin with vitamins. Just shake and mist over your face.
- Bio-Oil is a oil specially made for scars and a little of this product goes a long way. I use it to spot treat dark spots, acne, redness and other unsightly marks for a radiant even skin tone.
When my special treatment has absorbed into my skin, I finish by applying my moisturizer. My moisturizer of choice is usually a heavy natural butter like cocoa or shea butter (especially during the day). I currently use:
- Molivera Organics Ivory Shea Butter – As a dry skin victory this almost empty jar begs for mercy is . Just make sure to warm the product up first by rubbing it in your hands. I prefer this over lotions because it doesn’t make me sweat (yuck) and help my skin stay moisturized for longer periods of time, especially during the winter.
This is my basic skincare routine at the moment and as with any other routine, consistency equals results.
This routine takes about 5 minutes altogether and can be used either in the morning, at night, or both. My products sometimes change based on product availability but the routine remains the same.
Feel free to use your own products as they fit into this 3 step routine and enjoy your beautifully radiant skin.